Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Top Five Favorite Holiday Movies

So, I'm like. Obsessed with Christmas. I set these movies on top of my TV as part of my decoration and watch them all a hundred times between Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. There are so many missing - The Grinch old and new, Babes in Toyland, The Year without a Christmas. But, here are my (Nicole!) favs:


1. Love Actually
Excellent cast, excellent movie. Definitely puts you in the holiday spirit. Every scene with Emma Thompson and/or Liam Neeson is amazing. Also - just realized that the blonde girl in Wisconsin who loves British guys is January Jones. She looks different? Younger, maybe. Anyway - great movie.

"Enough. Enough now."


2. Little Women
I could seriously watch this movie forty times in a row and not get bored of it. And, if I'm being honest, I've totally done that before. Maybe not forty times in a row. Three times, I think. Newsies still holds the record, five times in a row with Lisa while "studying" for final exams. I think it might have something to do with a young Christian Bale...

"Late at night my mind would come alive with voices and stories and friends as dear to me as any in the real world."

3. Elf
This is... the second time this movie is coming up in a Top 5 list? And it probably won't be the last. Everything about this movie makes me so happy. I can't watch it and not laugh hysterically. Then, we already know, I'm always moved to tears by Walter Hobbs finally believing. I got laid off once, in July. The first thing I did when I got home was pop in this movie. So, you know. I watch it A LOT during the Christmas season.

"That puts you... 915 off pace."



4. It's a Wonderful Life
This one is special, so I only give it one or two viewings during the season. It's just so beautiful. Well made and well acted. I love Jimmy Stewart. Like... love Jimmy Stewart. Who doesn't? I think it would be UnAmerican to hate Jimmy Stewart. Anyway, I can't help losing it every time George grabs Mary when they are both on the phone with Sam. George is shaking her and telling her never wants to get married and then they kiss and she cries, saying, "George, George, George," over and over. Then they get married. Sigh.

"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"


5. A Muppet Christmas Carol
Okay. Hilarious. Muppets. Michael Caine. Done. Well, not really. This is probably the best re-telling of A Christmas Carol that there is. My siblings and I watched it Christmas morning while we waited for our parents to wake up so we could open gifts. I'm pretty sure we still do it. Because we're giant children.

"There's more gravy than of grave about you."

1 comment:

  1. I hate Uncle Jamie!

    Brian asked me if I wanted to buy Jim Carrey's A Christmas Carol, and I said...Uh no, my only Christmas Carol is a Muppet's Christmas Carol.

    ReplyDelete