Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Top 5 Holiday movies

Matt's Top 5 Holiday Movies


5. Rudolph
I mean it's freaking Rudolph the Red Nosed fucking Reindeer. Need I say more???
"Goodbye, Cornelius. I hope you find lots of tinsel. Goodbye, Hermey. Whatever a dentist is, I hope someday you will be the greatest."

4. A Christmas Story
This movie has gone 2 for 2 on my lists thus far. I mean its got so many memorable scenes but that might be because they play it for 24 hours on TNT. I actually, haden't even seen A Christmas Story until I was about 18 but from the first time I watched it I immediatly loved it.


"You're gonna shoot your eye out kid!"


3. The Grinch
I read the book every Christmas when I was young (or rather I remember mom reading it to me) and I still like to watch the cartoon movie when it's on. It's a movie that has a great message and instantly puts me in a christmas mood."He puzzled and puzzled till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more!"



2. It's A Wonderful Life

Jimmy Stewart, Donna Reed (hot), and a fantastic script. It's about so much more than the holidays but it's got that warm Christmas feeling to it. Every time I close my eyes and think of Christmas one of the first images that pops into my head is George Bailey running down a snowy street waving his arms like a madman with this big goofy grin on his face as he shots "Hello..." to each of the businesses he passes...but then again I'm a little weird.
"I wish I had a million dollars... Hot dog!"




1. Charlie Browns Christmas

I picture Linus on stage with his favorite blue blanket. He has that special mysterious spotlight on him. Then, he gives a beautiful soliloquy about the true meaning of Christmas. Only Peanuts can give us such a classic cartoon with such a clear message. Everytime I flick through the channels during the week before christmas and hear that music I immediatly stop and watch. I remember being very young and watching the scene where Schroeder is playing the piano beautifully and Lucy wants to hear a certain version of Jingle Bells, and she wont let up. So, in an act of defiance Schroeder plays the most basic version of the song he can think of. Of course, she loves it. Another moment that sticks out is toward the end of the movie. They have bought the most pathetic tree ever and Charlie Brown is losing his shit about it. So, he does what he alwasy does: puts his head down and walks away. However, unbenownest to him, his friends turn it into the most perfect tree ever. Why? Because they love Charlie Brown and they want to see him happy. Thank you Charles M. Schulz...thank you.
"Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown!"



I've added all the moments discussed above for your viewing pleasure:


Linus explains:




"Can you play Jingle Bells?"




Christmas tree:



1 comment:

  1. Every time you close your eyes and think of Christmas??????

    HAHAHAHAHAHahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete